[pulseaudio-discuss] How to modify (source) port priorities?

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 20:49:39 PST 2012

> Hi Raymond, David.
>

>> available state of mic jack should be yes after the mic is plugged
>
> Agreed, but on this model it feels like there's a mix-up between both
mics: "Internal Microphone" is basically unusable and full of noise (like
an unplugged non-internal microphone), and "Microphone" works fine as if
always plugged (like an internal microphone), though pulse reports the
contrary.

do you mean this patch still don't fix the internal mic ?

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git;a=commit;h=ffe535edb9a9c5b4d5fe03dfa3d89a1495580f1b

do the value of "mic jack" kcontrol become true after you plug the mic ?

Node 0x0e [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x400183: Stereo Amp-In
  Control: name="Mic Jack Mode", index=0, device=0
    ControlAmp: chs=0, dir=In, idx=0, ofs=0
  Control: name="Mic Capture Volume", index=0, device=0
    ControlAmp: chs=3, dir=In, idx=0, ofs=0
  Control: name="Mic Jack", index=0, device=0
  Amp-In caps: N/A
  Amp-In vals:  [0x03 0x03]
  Pincap 0x00001737: IN OUT Detect Trigger ImpSense
    Vref caps: HIZ 50 GRD 80
  Pin Default 0x03a11020: [Jack] Mic at Ext Left
    Conn = 1/8, Color = Black
    DefAssociation = 0x2, Sequence = 0x0
  Pin-ctls: 0x24: IN VREF_80
  Unsolicited: tag=03, enabled=1
  Connection: 4
     0x15* 0x16 0x17 0x1e

>>> System info: Dell XPS1635, under Ubuntu 12.10 x64 / pulseaudio 2.1.
>>
>> are your model xps1645 ? post the output of alsa-info.sh
>

> Yes! I mistyped it, sorry. Here is my alsa-info.sh, feel free to ask for
more info: http://hastebin.com/kaleqeqibo.vhdl

dell m6 model seem support surround51

hda: Add 5.1 support for second headphone jack

Several 92hd7xxx and STAC9228 laptops have multiple headphone jacks,
the second headphone jack should be used for the 5.1 surround sound.
Add support for 'Headphone as Line Out' switch, which allows it be used
in 5.1 surround sound.

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git;a=commitdiff;h=7c2ba97b8a99c857758fd03513350b39a8b242d6;hp=0a08478c0f7548211b492b578a67dacca5aea1a8

dell m6 model change the pin default of node 0x0f from line out to second
headphone to support 5.1

Pin Default 0x03011050: [Jack] Line Out at Ext Left
     Conn = 1/8, Color = Black
     DefAssociation = 0x5, Sequence = 0x0

/sys/class/sound/hwC0D0/init_pin_configs:
0x0a 0x0321101f
0x0b 0x4f00000f
0x0c 0x4f00000f
0x0d 0x90170110
0x0e 0x03a11020
0x0f 0x03011050
0x10 0x4f00000f
0x11 0x4f00000f
0x12 0x4f00000f
0x13 0x90a60160
0x14 0x4f00000f
0x22 0x4f00000f
0x23 0x4f00000f
0x24 0x4f00000f

/sys/class/sound/hwC0D0/driver_pin_configs:
0x0a 0x0321101f
0x0b 0x4f00000f
0x0c 0x4f0000f0
0x0d 0x90170110
0x0e 0x03a11020
0x0f 0x0321101f
0x10 0x4f0000f0
0x11 0x4f0000f0
0x12 0x4f0000f0
0x13 0x90a60160
0x14 0x4f0000f0
0x22 0x4f0000f0
0x23 0x4f0000f0

if mic jack can be retasked as output
and the driver also need to disable auto mic switch

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git;a=commitdiff;h=b5895dc8b467a2457f4d33bef51f9879cf780a07;hp=628ed1333a9d2a7c7d3dc53641ea59af511e5fe5