[pulseaudio-discuss] New release - mpd has stopped working with same user

Oon-Ee Ng ngoonee.talk at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 16:27:34 PST 2012

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 8:20 AM,  <poljarinho at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi, sorry about that, new gmail interface.
>>
>> That's exactly what I had in mpd.conf
>> user "ngoonee"
>> audio_output {
>>     type "pulse"
>>     name "MPD Pulse Output"
>> }
>>
>> However mpd.log gives this:-
>>
>> Nov 19 14:45 : output: Failed to enable "MPD Pulse Output" [pulse]:
>> pa_context_connect() has failed: Connection refused
>> Nov 19 14:45 : player_thread: problems opening audio device while
>> playing "PointBreak-StandTough.mp3"
>
> I can reproduce this if I'm using the server line in the mpd.conf.
> Without the server line it works as expected.
> Are you sure that you are using the right mpd.conf?
>
> Can you connect to the local server with pactl? (e.g. pactl info).
> Note that you should get the same error when you try to connect with
> pactl -s localhost info.

pactl works. My mpd.conf with all commented lines removed is below. In
fact I had to add the server line (not shown below, that's what I
added to audio_output to make it work as currently, along with adding
'load-module module-native-protocol-tcp auth-ip-acl=127.0.0.1' to
/etc/pulse/default.pa

music_directory "/home/data/mp3"
playlist_directory "~/.mpd/playlists"
db_file "~/.mpd/mpd.db"
log_file "~/.mpd/mpd.log"
pid_file "~/.mpd/mpd.pid"
state_file "~/.mpd/mpdstate"
user "ngoonee"
bind_to_address         "127.0.0.1"
gapless_mp3_playback                    "yes"
restore_paused "yes"
input {
        plugin "curl"
}