[pulseaudio-discuss] [pavucontrol] Add an 'Advanced' section

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Nov 20 12:05:03 PST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Arun Raghavan at 20/11/12 14:38 did gyre and gimble:
> Hi folks,
> Here come a couple of patches to move the less-used and potentially
> overwhelming options from the device widget into an advanced expander so that
> only the people who actually are interested in those options are exposed to
> them.

Looks good here.

One suggestion/question however:

Would it be better to put this into a new window rather than an expander?

I mean there may be quite a few things you want to go in here for some
sinks.

The latency stuff + the formats, but when configurable volume range
editing is added (where the base volume will be presented in the editor
unlike always as now), it will likely go here too.

It's kinda feels like it should be in a "properties" type popup dialog
here rather than an expander. That said, this is perhaps a bikeshed
argument :)

  Trac Hacker http://trac.edgewall.org/