[pulseaudio-discuss] pavucontrol: Allow volume adjustment of apps that play sounds only briefly

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Nov 20 12:07:48 PST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Julian Sikorski at 20/11/12 17:09 did gyre and gimble:

>> > But the event sound volume controls in pavucontrol etc. still don't
>> > affect Skype's event sounds? A snippet of verbose pulseaudio log showing
>> > how the Skype events look nowadays would probably be useful.
>> >
> Actually it works, I should have checked before posting here. In any
> case, here is the log snippet you requested (produced using Skype's
> sound test):

Is it fully fixed now? For a very long time now (years) they have tagged
*some* of their event sounds properly, but not all of them.

I know the Skype dev I spoke to about it previously was a aware of the
problem and thought he know why so hopefully this has been fixed for
good now :)

  Trac Hacker http://trac.edgewall.org/