[pulseaudio-discuss] help with audio pipe / monitor

B Berteh berteh at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 18 05:47:45 PDT 2012

Thank you Stefan, this worked with acceptable audio quality.B.

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 1:05 AM, Ștefan *** wrote:
Hello,

As far as I'm aware, you will need to use null and combine sinks as
well as module-loopback. I'm thinking of something along those lines:

1. Set up two null sinks (module-null-sink), NULL1 and NULL2.
2. Set up two combine sinks (module-combine-sink) that combine each of
the null sinks with your built-in sink, COMBINE1 and COMBINE2
3. Set up two loopbacks (module-loopback) from your built-in source
(microphone) to each of the null sinks
4. Have Skype play to COMBINE1 and record from the monitor of NULL2
5. Have Google Talk play to COMBINE2 and record from the monitor of NULL1

You can automate steps 1–3 by appending the commands you would type in
pacmd to ~/.pulse/default.pa (assuming you are recording from a card
that doesn't get plugged in after pulseaudio has started).

I don't know if this is the best choice, it might have a high latency,
but VoIP has quite high latency anyway.

Best,
Ștefan