[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio sound card's unique identifier

Amar Akshat amar.akshat at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 19:20:54 PDT 2012

Hi Tanu,

I am attaching an output of pactl list, which contains all the sources
and sinks detected when a speaker having 4 identical sound cards was
plugged in.

Sinks 1 to 5, are the Speaker sinks,

alsa.card_name = "C-Media USB Headphone Set"
alsa.long_card_name = "C-Media USB Headphone Set at
usb-0000:00:1a.0-1.1.3, full speed"

card_name is same for all sound cards, and long_card_name includes the
usb address, which again is dependent upon the system.

Is there some serial number component, like mac-id in network devices,
which is unique for sound cards ?

Thanks,
Amar Akshat

--

Thank you...

Amar Akshat (アマール)

 "Walking on water and developing software from a specification are
easy if both are frozen."