[pulseaudio-discuss] gnome-shell hangs, waiting for pulse-audio

Bearcat M. Şándor bearcat at feline-soul.com
Mon Sep 10 12:38:40 PDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-09-10 at 21:13 +0200, Henrik /KaarPoSoft wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am running gnome 3.4 and pulse-audio 2.1.
>
> When closing a window, gnome-shell sometimes hangs,
> waiting for pulse-audio.
<snip></snip>

I probably have a different but similar issue to yours, but just in case
it helps either of us: In my case the gnome 3 desktop takes about 1
minute to start up after X is loaded. I've read that it's PulseAudio
trying to make network connections and timing out. See here:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Gnome_3#GNOME_login_takes_a_very_long_time
  The suggested fix is to move your configs, then start turning off
various pulseaudio sinks and modules, but i have not investigated this
heavily.

If i run into something more helpful i'll post it here.

Bearcat