[pulseaudio-discuss] Echo cancellation settings.

Lazar Doru ce_doru at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 2 23:26:47 PDT 2013

On Tue, 02 Apr 2013 18:35:29 +0300
Tanu Kaskinen <tanuk at iki.fi> wrote:

> > [...]
>
> I'm not an expert on the "filter.want" functionality, but I don't
> think it's possible to specify module-echo-cancel arguments when you
> use the automatic filter loading.
>
> If you already have code for loading module-echo-cancel manually with
> parameters that you're happy with, it shouldn't be very hard to extend
> that so that you do the loading separately for each device that you
> want to use, hot-plugged or not.
>
> Managing module-echo-cancel instances from applications isn't
> recommendable in general. Using the "filter.want" property should be
> all that phone apps need to do to get good echo canceling. But if
> that isn't good enough, and you're able to get better results with
> manually configured and managed module-echo-cancel instances, it
> seems sensible to go against the recommendations. This is a bug in
> PulseAudio, but I don't know how to fix it.

Thank you for you for your prompt response. I suspected that I can't
modify the AEC method in that way. I will still use the "filter.want"
property because, as you say, it seems that it is the right way to
achieve echo cancellation. I will maybe file a bug to PulseAudio
attaching some audio data. Again, thanks for your help!