[pulseaudio-discuss] Mono Upmixing Only

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 02:02:31 PDT 2013

David Henningsson <david.henningsson at canonical.com> wrote:
> If we already have enable-remixing and enable-lfe-remixing, perhaps we
> should add another y/n option named enable-mono-upmixing ?

Not sure.

First, it looks like the enable-lfe-remixing option may become non-boolean, too (see the threads on lfe filtering).

Second, I would like to make sure that any proposed combination of boolean and non-boolean settings has the following properties. All reasonable user requests WRT remixing should be expressible with the proposed settings. There should not be many meaningless combinations of options. And there should really be no values that nobody would want to set.

So someone needs to map the proposals and use cases to some options.

> I don't think it makes sense to implement *all* the upmixing methods. I
> think it's better to select one and implement that one.

Point taken.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov
Sent from Nokia N900