[pulseaudio-discuss] about pulseaudio 4.0 release

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Fri Apr 19 08:10:17 PDT 2013

On Sat, April 20, 2013 12:38 am, Zhang, Vivian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on Tizen project which includes pulseaudio (v 0.9.23) as the
> sound server, we have the plan to upgrade pulseaudio to latest upstream
> version and are making  the evaluation now.
>     Glad to know that pulseaudio v 3.99.1  has been released as the first
> release candidate for 4.0.  Any schedule/plan for 4.0 final release,
> and any new features in this release?

Good to hear that Intel are getting this part right with Tizen.

Please make sure that you include JACK support too or at least don't
cripple the jack-sink in PA. Both PA and JACK are missing in Android which
is severely limiting for professional audio on that platform.

If you need any assistance with testing/QA please feel free to contact me
directly.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd