[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio on raspberrypi

Jim Duda jim at duda.tzo.com
Fri Aug 2 18:29:48 PDT 2013

I'm playing with pulseaudio on raspberrypi.  I am using the raspberrypi as a remote sound sink/source.
It works very well for the most part.  I plan to use multiple devices in my house for network audio.

I am running pulseaudio version 2.0 on both my server and remote raspberrypi device(s).

There are two issues blocking me for this being great.

1) There is some latency between audio playing on the main server and the raspberrypi.
In most cases, this is okay, except where two audio devices are near each other, then the latency becomes and issue.
Is there any means to tighten up the timing between the two?
In my configuration, I use a tunnel-sink to attach to the remote sink in the raspberrypi device.

2) avahi-network-discovery.  The avahi-network-discovery is great, but I think it's missing one important feature.
If the raspberrypi is disconnected from the network and reattached, the avahi-network-discover doesn't reestablish
the tunnel-sink from server to raspberrypi.  Each time the raspberrypi reboots, I also have to manually reboot
pulseaudio on the server.  Is there a way to fix this?  Or, are there any plans to address this?  Is this a bug?

Best Regards,

Jim