[pulseaudio-discuss] Playing audion on TV through HDMI cable with mplayer

James Board jpboard2 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 11 16:45:51 PST 2013

> 1. Ensure that you have an audio mixer that can change device

> profiles. GNOME's default volume control application is good. KDE's
> default mixer (KMix) does not allow changing the audio device profile
> and thus is bad, but there is also KDE's control center where you can
> configure sound. The xfce4-mixer application is just bad. So, if you
> have KDE or XFCE, please install pavucontrol (it is GTK-based, but
> does not pull any GNOME stuff) and use it instead of whatever comes by
> default. It doesn't hurt on GNOME, too. So, below, I assume that you
> have it.

Thanks for your instructions.  I'm trying to follow them.

I installed pabucontrol and ran it and recewived this errors:

    > pavucontrol
    ** (pavucontrol:25012): DEBUG: Error reading config file /home/userme/.config/pavucontrol.ini: File is empty
    ** (pavucontrol:25012): DEBUG: Failed to initialize device manager extension: No such extension
    Assertion 'b' failed at pulsecore/memblock.c:451, function pa_memblock_acquire(). Aborting.
    Abort (core dumped)

What do you think is my problems?