[pulseaudio-discuss] Headless "Speaker Server" Configuration

Justin Chudgar justin at justinzane.com
Sat Jan 26 16:16:01 PST 2013

I've been looking at the docs on system mode and am confused about how
to setup a headless speaker server. I have a very large room wired with
in-wall ethernet, but not audio. I would prefer to use an old headless
PC as a "speaker server" -- a sink for the rear-left and rear-right
channels instead of having to run lots of heavy gauge speaker wire.

Using Ubuntu server as a base, I've been trying to get pulseaudio to
work as a system instance and have thoroughly failed. Could someone
please help with configuration advice.

--
Justin Chudgar  |  Weed, CA 96094  |  530 921 0738 | http://www.justinzane.com/