[pulseaudio-discuss] Chopped sound when using module-loopback with module-tunnel-sink

Zrin Žiborski zrin+pa at ziborski.net
Fri Jul 12 04:00:53 PDT 2013

Additional observations ...

On Thu, 11 Jul 2013 14:37:42 +0200, Zrin <zrin+pa at ziborski.net> wrote:
(http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/pulseaudio-discuss/2013-July/017817.html)
> Hey folks,
>
> when I use module-loopback to connect audio input (line-in) to a sink
> provided by module-tunnel-sink, I get chopped sound on the receiving
> side. The sound output is missing parts and it gets worse over time.

In module-loopback.c, function
    static void update_min_memblockq_length(struct userdata *u),
at some point
    length = pa_memblockq_get_length(u->memblockq);
returns zero. This correlates with start of the chopping. Sometimes
it happens right at the start, sometimes a bit later, but always
within 1-2 minutes. AFAIU this is only a symptom and the cause
lies somewhere between module-tunnel-sink and module-loopback or
even within PA core.

Your thoughts?

Could someone please try to reproduce this?

Zrin