[pulseaudio-discuss] xrdp pulse sink

Jay Sorg jay.sorg at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 15:28:42 PDT 2013

Hello,

I'm an xrdp developer.  xrdp is an open source RDP server for Linux.
I've recently implemented RDP audio redirection using PulseAudio.
For this I created a PulseAudio sink that communicates with xrdp.
It seems like this is the best way redirect the audio.

One problem is that I need to build a sink.  I created some directions
that involve downloading the pulse audio source to build a sink for
your server.
The directions are kinda klunky and don't always work.

http://www.xrdp.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19:xrdp-pulse-sink&catid=2:documents&Itemid=7

Two questions I have.

1 - is there an easier way to build custom sinks without replacing the
PulseAudio system.

2 - can I get an xrdp sink into the PulseAudio source upstream?  Maybe
the PulseAudio system autodetect an xrdp session and select the right
sink.

Jay