[pulseaudio-discuss] Impending freeze

Arun Raghavan arun.raghavan at collabora.co.uk
Mon Jul 15 21:42:48 PDT 2013

Hi folks,
Due to some all-round lack of communication, the next GNOME release
(3.10) is in a position where it will hard dep on BlueZ 5.x and above,
and this would cause a regression in at least HSP/HFP support if not
A2DP as well.

To help mitigate this, we are going to advance the next PA release by
about 1.5 months. The current plan is this:

  Freeze: July 25th, 2013
  Release: August 15th, 2013

If you have any patches pending that you'd like to see in PA 5.0, send
it in with enough time to review (and if it's on-list pending review,
please bump the thread).

Cheers,
Arun

p.s.: Packagers, if your distribution doesn't already have BlueZ 5
packages, now would be a good time to try to get some ready so we can
test things properly.