[pulseaudio-discuss] Impending freeze

João Paulo Rechi Vita jprvita at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 07:17:39 PDT 2013

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 3:57 AM, Tanu Kaskinen
<tanu.kaskinen at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-07-26 at 03:04 -0300, João Paulo Rechi Vita wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 2:31 AM, Tanu Kaskinen
>> <tanu.kaskinen at linux.intel.com> wrote:

>> > I don't see the point, because there's no new functionality. There's no
>> > HSP/HFP yet, and we already have Mikel's version of A2DP support in
>> > master.
>> >

>> HSP/HFP support is implemented already, I'm just waiting for this
>> series to be merged to send that. Also, AFAIK the HSP plugin has not
>> been merged to BlueZ yet, and I need that to be able to test the
>> BlueZ5-HSP support in PulseAudio. The code (in PA) is simpler than
>> A2DP tho, and it reuses a lot of the code to support A2DP.
>
> It's not clear to me are you just giving information about the current
> status, or are you also arguing for postponing the freeze until all your
> patches are merged.

Both, I was giving the status and next steps as part of the
argumentation in favor of postponing the freeze. Even after Luiz said
on IRC that Marcel rejected the HSP implementation in BlueZ, I still
think that's better if we release with the refactored (BlueZ 4/5
separation) version, so we don't have to maintain (downstream bug
reports, etc) 2 different codebases.

--
João Paulo Rechi Vita
http://about.me/jprvita