[pulseaudio-discuss] Restoring connections of ALSA emulation clients

Phil Frost indigo at bitglue.com
Mon Mar 25 05:12:27 PDT 2013

On 13-03-25 04:36 AM, Tanu Kaskinen wrote:
> module-stream-restore should take care of remembering what you configure
> in pavucontrol. Do you have it loaded?

Hm, I do have it loaded. It seems that maybe the issue is that my
application has multiple input and output streams. It seems to pick one
of the streams arbitrarily, then upon restarting the application,
restore all of the streams to that configuration.

The better solution I found was to put something like this in .asoundrc:

pcm.alsadevice {
   type pulse
   device pulsedevice
}

This way I can configure the ALSA application to open "alsadevice" and
pulseaudio will always connect it to "pulsedevice". Repeat for each
non-default source/sink I'd like to use.