[pulseaudio-discuss] Manually adding a delay to a PulseAudio sink

Tanu Kaskinen tanu.kaskinen at intel.com
Thu May 9 00:09:39 PDT 2013

On Thu, 2013-05-09 at 01:29 +0000, Mike Russo wrote:
> Tanu Kaskinen <tanu.kaskinen <at> intel.com> writes:
> > Pavucontrol 2.0 is able to configure the latency offset for each output
> > device (see the "Advanced" section below each device). Pulseaudio 3.0 is
> > required too.
> >

> That's great Tanu, I do see it. However I've only got one sound card
>  and I was trying to add a delay to the headphone output jack
>  where I've got an analog bluetooth transmitter that's paired
> with a speaker so that it syncs with the audio output jack
>  going to my amp+speakers. pavucontrol 2 does seem to save
> a different latency when i switch from one port to the other
> but it doesn't actually have any effect as
> when I pick "audio output" it goes to both at the same
> time and when i pick "headphones" it only goes
> to the headphones. When I try to use remap-sink to
> separate them, it never works when i redirect input
> to one or the other (sigh) and the Advanced is greyed
>  out anyway. I should probably replace the analog thing with
>  a digital USB transmitter, I'm only doing this because
> it was originally attached to my analog amplifier's headphones
>  jack, maybe then it will show up as two soundcards and I'll be able to have
> separate latencies for each.

It's indeed not possible to have different delay for the headphone
output and the "audio output" (line-out?) of the same card, because
there's only one audio stream that pulseaudio feeds to the sound card.

Intel Finland Oy
Registered Address: PL 281, 00181 Helsinki
Business Identity Code: 0357606 - 4
Domiciled in Helsinki