[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio4Future

Daniel windseeker at gmx.de
Sun Nov 24 13:13:24 PST 2013

Sorry, it seems I was too short in my explanation.

This IS built in. Just use it.

You need to load the equalizer module, then you load the DBus module (used
to control the equalizer in runtime) and then you can use a small python
program "qpaeq" to set the equalizer.

Even more details:
Add this to your default.pa:

load-module module-dbus-protocol
load-module module-equalizer-sink

and stop pulseaudio with "pulseaudio -k" (most setups then restart it
automatically)

Then get qpaeq from here https://gitorious.org/qpaeq/qpaeq/ and run it (you
will need some pythin modules installed like python3-pyqt4)

Route all your sounds to the equalizer sink.

et voila!

Kind regards,
Daniel