[pulseaudio-discuss] How to set media role variable ??

sathishkumar sivagurunathan sathish1000 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 01:18:08 PST 2013

Thanks Tanu for the reply,

I wanted to test the module "module role cork" . So I started two media
players using the gst launch tool. One had media role as phone and other
had media role as music. When I tested using the "module role cork", it
worked good. The player with media role "music" was paused.

As the next step, I tested with two different players.

1) gst launch tool -- media role = phone

2) qt based application ( runs on phonon - gstreamer framework ) -- with
media role as music.

When the "module role cork" is used, the music stream is just muted but not
paused.

I tried with a few other players too. The low priority stream is just
paused.

I could not understand where the difference is coming from.

Can you help me with this.

Thanks,
Sathish