[pulseaudio-discuss] Transporting sound from 'mpd' server to laptop

Paul LeoNerd Evans leonerd at leonerd.org.uk
Sun Oct 20 16:42:25 CEST 2013

On Sat, 19 Oct 2013 18:53:49 +0100
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans <leonerd at leonerd.org.uk> wrote:

> This currently has a number of problems with it:

... I've now discovered another bug:

 5) After suspend/resume of the laptop, the server doesn't actually let
    me reconnect the tunnel at all. Trying to load module-tunnel-source
    on the laptop yields the following in its syslog:

Oct 20 15:40:39 shy pulseaudio[2968]: [pulseaudio] module-tunnel.c: Protocol error.
Oct 20 15:40:39 shy pulseaudio[2968]: [pulseaudio] module-tunnel.c: Protocol error.
Oct 20 15:40:39 shy pulseaudio[2968]: [pulseaudio] module-tunnel.c: Protocol error.

    (yes, for some reason three duplicated lines from a single attempt).
    I can't see any log output at all on the server end.

    If at this point I now restart the pulse daemon on the mpd server
    then the tunnel will now start up just fine and works again.

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans

leonerd at leonerd.org.uk
ICQ# 4135350       |  Registered Linux# 179460
http://www.leonerd.org.uk/