[pulseaudio-discuss] Transporting sound from 'mpd' server to laptop

Paul LeoNerd Evans leonerd at leonerd.org.uk
Sun Oct 20 19:07:18 CEST 2013

On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 18:23:50 +0200
Thomas Martitz <kugel at rockbox.org> wrote:

> I wonder if it's really in the tunnel module or somewhere deeper.

Well, in my setup there are two modules to consider - the tunnel and
the loopback, so I guess it could be in either. I can't easily think
how to distinguish.

> also wonder if this works differently with the rewritten tunnel
> module (this year's GSoC brought it, it's in git master but not
> released yet).

Ooh, that sounds interesting - I'd be happy to try out a different
tunnel module, see if it helps.

I have a few ideas myself for things that could be improved. Primarily
would be a way to run a tunnel and have it push sound directly into a
local sink, rather than simply provide a new source. That way I could
avoid needing the loopback module.

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans

leonerd at leonerd.org.uk
ICQ# 4135350       |  Registered Linux# 179460
http://www.leonerd.org.uk/