[pulseaudio-discuss] Transporting sound from 'mpd' server to laptop

Paul LeoNerd Evans leonerd at leonerd.org.uk
Sun Oct 20 19:22:37 CEST 2013

On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 19:12:59 +0200
Thomas Martitz <kugel at rockbox.org> wrote:

> I have tried the reversed set up: I used (only) module-tunnel-sink in
> the machine that produces the sound. This sink sends the stream over
> immediately. The receiver just loads module-native-protocol-tcp (and
> module-zeroconf-publish). The latency behavior is the same as you
> describe, although I don't have run tcpdump for analysis yet.

Ah, that's not going to work in my case. The sound source is a stable
permanent server, but the sound sink is my sometimes-running laptop,
which may or may not be running, and DHCPs for its IP address. So the
sound has to be pulled from the server by the laptop, not pushed to the
laptop from the server.

So where do I get this new tunnel module from?

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans

leonerd at leonerd.org.uk
ICQ# 4135350       |  Registered Linux# 179460
http://www.leonerd.org.uk/