[pulseaudio-discuss] No sound on ARM CPU

Matthias Großmann grossmms at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 26 14:57:41 PDT 2014

Hi,

when playing audio files on a QNAP TS-212 NAS (ARM CPU) / Creative
Sound Blaster X-Fi HD USB sound card, I do not hear any
sound. Commands like "paplay spacemusic.au" or "aplay spacemusic.au"
block for the duration of the audio file and return without an error
message, but do not produce anything audible.

Playing audio files bypassing pulseaudio with "aplay -D sysdefault
spacemusic.au" works (apart from occasional crackling and pauses,
which is probably a different problem). When connected to my notebook
(i386), the sound card works even with pulseaudio, so this appears to
be an ARM specific problem.

According to the log files, the sink is not muted and the volume is
above 50%.

I tried to delete ~/.pulse*, which did not change anything.

OS on both the NAS and the notebook is Debian 7.6 (wheezy) with
PulseAudio 2.0

Log files can be found in the original report of this problem
(https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=756850).

Any help is very much appreciated.

Best regards,
 Matthias Großmann