[pulseaudio-discuss] Bluetooth headset help needed

Georg Chini georg at chini.tk
Tue Dec 30 04:43:04 PST 2014

On 27.12.2014 20:01, Georg Chini wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I bought a new headset (Plantronics Backbeat Pro) and cannot get it
> working
> properly. Probably I am missing something stupid.
>
> When I use the native headset backend, HSP/HFP is working fine but I get
> "not connected" log messages when I try to switch to a2dp.

The native backend works fine - both profiles connect now. I checked with
hcidump, for HSP/HFP it looks like the headset tries to connect UUID 0x111f
(HFP_AG_UUID) first, does not succeed and then connects UUID 0x1112
(HSP_AG_UUID).

> With the ofono backend, a2dp works fine, but I get "not connected" log
> messages for HSP/HFP.

This seems to be clear now when looking at the result above. Ofono does
not support UUID 0x1112, so the connection fails.

My controllers both do not show UUID 0x111f as a possible value, neither
with the ofono nor with the native backend. With the native backend I see
0x1112 in the list. Any idea why 0x111f is not possible? Am I missing some
kernel configuration or something similar? Or is this a hardware issue?

Regards
             Georg