[pulseaudio-discuss] 'Failed to find a working profile' for firewire sound devices

Takashi Sakamoto o-takashi at sakamocchi.jp
Sat Feb 1 00:30:40 PST 2014

David,

 > The udev patch looks good to me, except I don't know/remember why FW1814
> and Projectmix I/O are supposed to be ignored.

Thanks for your review.

The entry for FW1814 and ProjectMix I/O is just my test for
'PULSE_IGNORE' flag.

But actually these two devices bring disadvantages to PulseAudio. If
you're interested, please read these two posts:
http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2014-January/071873.html
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=31887146

> Btw - if you end up uploading your DKMS package to an Ubuntu PPA, maybe
> you want to upload a patched PulseAudio package there as well, for even
> easier testing of the complete stack.

Hm. I should use 'dpkg-divert' for this purpose in 'post-install'.
Anyway I need a bit time to prepare the packages...

Regards

Takashi Sakamoto
o-takashi at sakamocchi.jp