[pulseaudio-discuss] audio video out of sync

Malte Gell malte.gell at gmx.de
Fri Feb 14 13:08:22 PST 2014

Hello,

when I watch either DVB with kaffeine or a movie with VLC, either after
some time or right after starting the movie, video and audio is out of sync.

Generally the audio is behind video, thus people have moved their mouth,
but their speech lags behind. The lag is not dramatic, but it is enough
to be recognized and reduces the comfort while watching.

I run pulseaudio with realtime priority.

I have these values in /etc/security/limits.conf:

malte_gell      -       nice    -15
malte_gell      -       rtprio  99

And these are my settings in daemon.conf:

daemonize = no
fail = yes
allow-module-loading = yes
allow-exit = yes
use-pid-file = yes
system-instance = no
enable-shm = yes
lock-memory = no
cpu-limit = no

high-priority = yes
nice-level = -11

realtime-scheduling = yes
realtime-priority = 5

resample-method = speex-float-7
enable-remixing = yes
enable-lfe-remixing = no

default-fragments = 10
default-fragment-size-msec = 100

What values could I tune to improve the situation? I run pulseaudio
3.0.1 with ALSA 1.0.26.

Thanks
Malte