[pulseaudio-discuss] audio video out of sync

Malte Gell malte.gell at gmx.de
Tue Feb 18 02:53:49 PST 2014

Am 18.02.2014 10:06, schrieb Tanu Kaskinen:

> I forgot to mention - these messages do not give any hints about why the
> latency is increasing, that is, which buffer is getting bigger.

My guess is, there is a kernel problem, maybe somewhere in ALSA. Because
I get audio dropouts even with ALSA when pulseaudio is disabled. When I
use ALSA only I have dropouts, but no error messages at all. Using
pulseaudio I have dropouts either, plus these "skipping" messages. Must
be a kernel issue? I think I now have to try to get verbose ALSA logs
and see what ALSA says while dropouts occur. And, the dropouts occur not
only with bluetooth audio, but with wired headphones as well, thus not a
bluetooth issue alone.

Malte