[pulseaudio-discuss] No audio heard while trying HFP profile

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 01:55:50 PDT 2014

08.07.2014 15:50, Shobana Sampath wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to pair and connect the ubuntu pc with my mobile. When the
> call is established, I'm not able to hear any audio.
>
> I'm using the below versions:
>     -pulseaudio-4.99.2
>     -Bluez-5.14
>     -ofono-1.14

This combination of software just doesn't support HFP or HSP profiles.
There is nothing to link PulseAudio and ofono, unless you add some
patches that are not yet "official" enough.

So far, your best bet is either to apply those patches and rebuild
PulseAudio, or to downgrade bluez to 4.x (which will break a lot of
GNOME stuff).

The patches are here:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.audio.pulseaudio.general/19625

--