[pulseaudio-discuss] M-Audio Delta 1010

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 07:53:06 PDT 2014

30.06.2014 19:39, Matt Zagrabelny wrote:
> The Analog Surround 7.1 profile does show in PA. Thanks!

Good, I will send a patch to alsa-devel later today.

> There is one issue regarding the per channel volume. I am jacked into
> "Side Right" channel, but adjusting the Side Right channel volume in
> the output tab of pavucontrol doesn't change the volume - only the
> "Front Right" volume slider affects the volume. Digging further
> (jacking into each channel and sliding the per channel volumes) only
> the Front Left/Front Right channels adjust the volume for any of the
> channels.
>
> Front Left (1) will affect: Front Left (1), Rear Left (3), Front
> Center (5), Side Left (7)
> Front Right (2) will affect: Front Right (2), Rear Right (4), Front
> Center (5), Side Right (8)

You can reduce the amount of time needed to fix the issue by posting a
link to the very very verbose pulseaudio log that captures, among other
things, the process of adjusting the volume with the Side Right knob in
pavucontrol.

Also, could you please verify that the same "which knob controls what"
picture holds when playing native 5.1 surround content with a
semi-known-good player, as in the example below?

wget http://www.sr.se/laddahem/multikanal/dts/Prelude.zip
unzip Prelude.zip
ffplay -f dts Prelude.wav

(yes I know that ffplay and gstreamer disagree on the channel map for
5.1 content)

> The "subwoofer" or "Rear Center" channel (6) did not output any sound
> when I played my ogg123 -d pulse. However, the speaker-test was
> successful in outputting sound out that channel.

This is expected for typical stereo content (and even with most surround
concerts on DVDs and BluRays, because they are actually 5.0, not 5.1)
and the default settings, and can be controlled with the
enable-lfe-remixing setting in /etc/pulse/daemon.conf.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov