[pulseaudio-discuss] sticky output device / cant select profile

Tanu Kaskinen tanu.kaskinen at linux.intel.com
Wed Mar 12 02:03:47 PDT 2014

On Wed, 2014-03-12 at 09:55 +0100, Haarman wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 9:45 AM, Tanu Kaskinen <
> tanu.kaskinen at linux.intel.com> wrote:
>
> > Are you saying that if
> > you now set the Intel card to "Off" too, then the Intel card sink is
> > still visible in pavucontrol?
> >

> Correct

Could you file a bug at
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=PulseAudio and attach
a verbose log there that shows what happens when you switch the Intel
card profile to off?

Here are the steps for getting the log:

1) First set the NVidia cards to off if they aren't already, and set the
Intel card to the stereo profile.

2) Shut down pavucontrol (I don't want extra stuff showing up in the
log).

3) Disable autospawning:
        echo autospawn = no >> ~/.config/pulse/client.conf

4) Stop pulseaudio:
        killall pulseaudio

5) Start pulseaudio in a terminal:
        pulseaudio -vvv

6) In another terminal, switch the profile to off:
        pactl set-card-profile alsa_card.pci-0000_00_1b.0 off

7) Stop pulseaudio with Ctrl-C, save the log and attach it to the bug.