[pulseaudio-discuss] 5.1 HDMI has front Speakers Echoing to Rear Speakers

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 22:13:37 PDT 2014

18.03.2014 08:52, Mark Lee wrote:

> Salutations,
>
> I've already checked with Alsa and Pulseaudio. Which hardware settings
> are you talking about? I do not encounter this delay with the receiver
> hooked up to my PS3.

I was talking about the receiver settings (disable things like Dolby
ProLogic decoding), but the PS3 testcase apparently rules this out,
unless the receiver applies this dumb thing only to PCM signals and not,
say, to DTS. ALSA could be guilty, in theory, too, but it's also
unlikely (as the code for this effect lives in the "upmix" plugin that
is never invoked unless explicitly put into .asoundrc). Let's check anyway:

pasuspender -- speaker-test -t wav -c6 -D hdmi:0

(or whatver the device number is, if it is not 0)

If this also duplicates the words "Front Left" etc. to the rear
channels, then the problem is not in PulseAudio. If this doesn't
duplicate words, then your original bug report warrants more
investigation here.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov