[pulseaudio-discuss] Bluez Questions

Tanu Kaskinen tanu.kaskinen at linux.intel.com
Tue Nov 4 05:00:26 PST 2014

On Mon, 2014-11-03 at 20:05 +0100, Georg Chini wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i have two (unrelated) questions regarding bluez5 (with ofono backend):
>
> 1) I am using the subscription API and when my headset changes profile
> the subscription callback (with mask PA_SUBSCRIPTION_MASK_CARD) is
> called twice. Is this correct? if yes, one call is for the profile
> change, what
> is the reason for the other one?

I don't know.

> 2) I am playing back audio from my phone to my bluetooth headset. When
> I now switch off the headset, bluetooth takes a while to recognize, that the
> headset is no longer available. When pulse receives the notification
> that the
> headset is gone, the stream is switched to the default device and starts
> playing exactly at the point where the headset was switched off and goes on
> playing for a while after I stop playback on the phone. All future sounds I
> feed into th loopback module are now delayed by the gap between
> the switch off of the headset and the moment pulseaudio is notified.
> Is there a way to reset the loopback module to its initial state?

No, there's no "reset loopback" feature. The loopback also has the
problem that if the initial startup of the sink takes a long time, that
also causes unwanted latency.

The loopback module could probably be improved by discarding data from
the source until the sink asks for data for the first time (would fix
the slow startup problem) and flushing the buffer when the sink input
gets detached (would help with your problem).