[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio has constant underruns after latest reboot

Matthew Wynn m-wynn at live.com
Fri Nov 7 12:56:06 PST 2014

I'm running Arch Linux on a fairly decent laptop, but I've had issues with PulseAudio studdering as of this morning.
I'm experiencing this on MPD, Amarok, and VLC: the only thing I haven't had an issue with is Firefox (haven't tested Flash).

I've put my default-fragment-size-msec both high and low, checked my default-sample-rate, tried a different resampler, and set PULSE_LATENCY_MSEC=60 (although that caused more weird background noise than anything else).  I've uninstalled and reinstalled, reset config files, and deleted ~/.config/pulse.

I've tried on 2 different kernels: 3.16.7-1-ck and 3.17.2-1-ARCH.  Neither fixed the issue.

Here's the output of pulseaudio -vvvv --log-time=1.  I think there were two good skips in there, around 7 and 10 seconds in.
http://sprunge.us/bgJa

Any ideas on what I can do to fix it?

Thanks,
Matthew Wynn