[pulseaudio-discuss] Master is frozen

Arun Raghavan arun at accosted.net
Fri Nov 14 01:39:10 PST 2014

On 14 Nov 2014 15:00, "David Henningsson" <david.henningsson at canonical.com>
wrote:

> On 2014-11-14 07:07, Arun Raghavan wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>> As promised, master is now frozen. Please do not push anything other
>> than essential fixes.I'd like to have some stability testing of HSP
>> before rolling 6.0 RC1.
>

> I'd like to have my HSP compilation patches in before 6.0 RC1. Can I push
them?

I thought this was done. Please go ahead.

>> Any help here is appreciated.
>

> Ok, with some trouble [1] I installed bluez5 in Ubuntu 15.04 and ran
PulseAudio git master on top of that, with the native headset backend.

> Result: Headset card shows up. Switching between A2DP and HSP seems to be
working. The hsp profile is called "headset_head_unit", which is a change
from bluez4, but it's nothing that seems to cause problems for me.

> HSP playback and recording seems to work. Volume control (playback) and
gain control (recording) does not work, i e, changing volume and/or gain
has no effect on actual volume/gain.

Thanks for trying this. At least the volume bit is the same for us both.
Will need to investigate that. Wim/Luiz, any ideas?

If it was otherwise stable for you, that if good news indeed.

Cheers,
Arun