[pulseaudio-discuss] redirect sound to different out jack

sabayon11 sabayon11 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 03:30:12 PST 2014

I have Sound Balster Live. Is possible to redirect Line out jack signal to
Rear out jack?
The reason I want to do that is that my Line out jack is damaged and
searching for solution I read:
" redirecting front signal to rear output of SB Live! was for a long time a
favourite trick for computer audio enthusiasts who want better sound for
minimum of money."
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-311614.html
And I want to do that but I don't know how.

When I just put headphone to Rear out jack and set PulseAudio to surround
4.0. the slider in Master w Gnome Alsa Mixer doesn't react to changing
volume. The other problem is that there is no sound from line in.

Using surround is a workaround not a solution.

Can you tell me if surround 4.0 is just stereo doubled or it is differently
recorded sound for movies?

My goal is to have good stereo sound. Help please.