[pulseaudio-discuss] redirect sound to different out jack

sabayon11 sabayon11 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 07:36:53 PST 2014

I don't know how to test it in a correct way. I don't know what hw:0,0
stands for in my case. So far I did:

I chose surround 4.0 and tested in settings
http://i.imgur.com/0zBIvDV.png
I could hear only rear left, rear right.

With the same setting I tested command
speaker-test -c2 -t wav -D rear:0

speaker-test 1.0.27.2

Playback device to rear:0
Rate set to 48000Hz, S16_LE, 2 channels
files WAV
frequency set to 48000Hz (requested 48000Hz)
Buffer size range from 64 to 16384
Period size range from 16 to 16384
Using max buffer size 16384
Periods = 4
was set period_size = 4096
was set buffer_size = 16384
 0 - Front Left
 1 - Front Right
Period time = 2,731817
 0 - Front Left
 1 - Front Right

I can also hear youtube and music player but not line in (TV card).
Seems to work ok with this test file and also when I press in settings rear
lef rear right but the problem is still no control for this in Master and
no sound from line in (TV tuner).  The stange thing is that after I did
PulseAudio/Log <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PulseAudio/Log> test some new
controls/sliders appeared in Kmix and I could choose the main channel and
there was option for wave surround and this allowed me to control sound
level from this one slider in kmix in tray. Although I tried to chack many
sliders  Line in didn't worked.

But when I removed /.pulse/client.conf I ended up with previous settings
where basic channel is set to surround 4.0 and there are no other options.

I'm not sure if it is important but on card label I have CT4830 while aplay
reports CT4832.

pulseaudio verbose log as described here (with surround 4.0)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PulseAudio/Log
I played youtube, tv tuner and radio stream from clementine
http://pastebin.com/CDmpLkn1

I read something about aplay and here are some additional command outputs
http://pastebin.com/33ybF6S4