[pulseaudio-discuss] Bluez5 ofono-backend Issues with current GIT

Luiz Augusto von Dentz luiz.dentz at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 07:09:03 PDT 2014

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 11, 2014 at 10:32 PM, Georg Chini <georg at chini.tk> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just pulled a current GIT and installed it. I find two issues with the
> ofono backend:
>
> 1) When I connect my headset the device does not vanish
> when I disconnect it. pactl list cards still shows
> card #4
>         Name: bluez_card.00_19_7F_41_DB_2E
>         Treiber: module-bluez5-device.c
>         Owner-Modul: 28
>         Eigenschaften:
>                 device.description = "590Plantronics"
>                 device.string = "00:19:7F:41:DB:2E"
>                 device.api = "bluez"
>                 device.class = "sound"
>                 device.bus = "bluetooth"
>                 device.form_factor = "headset"
>                 bluez.path = "/org/bluez/hci1/dev_00_19_7F_41_DB_2E"
>                 bluez.class = "0x240404"
>                 bluez.alias = "590Plantronics"
>                 device.icon_name = "audio-headset-bluetooth"
>                 device.intended_roles = "phone"
>         Profile:
>                 headset_head_unit: Headset Head Unit (HSP/HFP) (sinks: 1,
> sources: 1, priority: 20, available: no)
>                 a2dp_sink: High Fidelity Playback (A2DP Sink) (sinks: 1,
> sources: 0, priority: 10, available: yes)
>                 off: Aus (sinks: 0, sources: 0, priority: 0, available: yes)
>         Aktive Profile: off
>         Profile:
>                 headset-output: Headset (priority: 0, latency offset: 0
> usec)
>                         Part of profile(s): headset_head_unit, a2dp_sink
>                 headset-input: Headset (priority: 0, latency offset: 0 usec,
> not available)
>                         Part of profile(s): headset_head_unit
>
> I cannot re-connect the headset before I restart pulse.
> With my phone there is no such problem, the device appears
> and disappears as expected.

That should never happen, are you sure it disconnected? a2dp_sink
still shows as available which indicates you are still connected.

> 2) When I connect my phone and use it, the profile switches to
> HFP and if it's no longer in use the profile switches to off after
> a timeout (this was not the case with the initial ofono patches).
> This is the same as with Bluez4. The problem is, that with Bluez5
> there is no D-Bus signal which indicates the profile switch. If you
> have loopback modules connected to phone input/output, they
> will fall back to the default source/sink without giving the software
> a chance to react to this.

Hmm, if you maintain the loopbacks externally that would be a problem
but I guess you can watch for port availability, I tested it with
module-bluetooth-policy this seems to be working fine perhaps because
we do set a specific source/sink so once they are destroyed the
loopbacks are also unloaded.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz