[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio (V5) incorrect rate detection on usb sound card with raspberry

Tue Oct 28 01:46:40 PDT 2014

> I had to put something like
>
> pcm.!default {
>         type hw
>         card 0
> }
>
> in my /etc/asound.conf in order to get a default rate of 44100.
>
> Laurentiu

it doesn't make any difference, the core problem is that pulseaudio detects diferent capabilities on diferent architectures with the same sound card, as it is shown in the following example:

I: [pulseaudio] alsa-util.c: Device front:0 doesn't support 44100 Hz, changed to 48000 Hz.

this message doesn't appears when the card is plugged to my laptop. Unfortunately I lack the knowledge to debug this discrepancy :-(

Thank you anyway.