[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio (V5) incorrect rate detection on usb sound card with raspberry

Thu Oct 30 04:42:16 PDT 2014

> And this is wrong. However, the strace from the previous email did not
> find any custom ALSA configuration files that could affect the outcome.
> Thus, I conclude that you, or maybe some stupid script that you ran,
> modified some file in /usr/share/alsa in a bad way in the past. Please
> reinstall alsa-lib (which may be known as libasound2 in some
> Debian-based distributions).

it's a year old raspbian installation with only mpd, lirc, lcdproc and now PA. IFAIK I did not run programs/scripts as the root user on this device which could modify the alsa configuration. I will reinstall all alsa packages as you said, but they were already the default files.

> Or, please tar up the whole /usr/share/alsa directory and send the
> tarball here, and I'll look what exactly is damaged there.

ok, I will send you directly.