[pulseaudio-discuss] ThinkPad T-510 audio output mute LED non-workingness

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 19:47:11 PDT 2015

> In case it may be of interest to anyone with the same or similar issue,
> here is a "behavioral schematic" that seems to accurately reflect the
> relationship between {pavucontrol/pactl/pacmd/amixer} mute and the
hardware
> mute function and LEDs on my T-510, showing the differences across the
> kernel change between 3.18 and 3.19:

>     http://misc.postpro.net/t510led/schematic_view.jpg
>
> (

You have not posted alsa-info of working 3.18

Refer to alsa-info found in t510 speaker powersave regression

https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/12/22/113

!!-------Mixer controls for card 29 [ThinkPadEC]

Card hw:29 'ThinkPadEC'/'ThinkPad Console Audio Control at EC reg 0x30, fw
6MHT46WW-1.21'
  Mixer name : 'ThinkPad EC 6MHT46WW-1.21'
  Components : ''
  Controls      : 1
  Simple ctrls  : 1
Simple mixer control 'Console',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [on]

Do this console playback switch has any effect on your schematic view ?

Soundcards recognised by ALSA

0 [MID            ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel MID
                      HDA Intel MID at 0xf2620000 irq 45
29 [ThinkPadEC     ]: ThinkPad EC - ThinkPad Console Audio Control
                      ThinkPad Console Audio Control at EC reg 0x30, fw
6MHT46WW-1.21

AFAIK, pulseaudio ignore card  29 "ThinkPadEC"

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/commit/src/modules/alsa/mixer/profile-sets/90-pulseaudio.rules?id=078a39af886ea3bb590595b973343af77c2837fe