[pulseaudio-discuss] module-combine-sink: downmix of channels?

Rene Bartsch ml at bartschnet.de
Mon Aug 10 10:43:33 PDT 2015

Am 2015-08-09 19:28, schrieb Rene Bartsch:
> Hi,
>
> I've problems configuring the following use-case with Pulseaudio:
>
> - 1x system-message mono sink
> - 1x music stereo sink
> - 1x video multi-channel (mono - 7.1) sink with up-/down-mix
>
> - 1x internal stereo sound-card (priority 0)
> - 1x stereo USB-speakers        (priority 1)
> - 1x 5.0 USB audio-interface    (priority 2)
>
> - there should be one master volume-control (sink?) for all three
> sinks (system message, music, video)
> - sound-card sink specific volume-control should be usable to equal
> the absolute volume of the three sound-cards
> - external sound-cards should be pluggable/removable without
> interruption of audio
> - the current playback sound-card should be switched by highest
> priority when plugged in/removed
> - when the USB audio-interface is plugged in stereo left/right (S/PDIF
> input channel 5/6) should be routed to the video sink
> - system-message mono should be routed to front-center for the USB
> audio-interface and stereo for the stereo sound-cards
> - music sink should always be stereo on all devices

load-module	module-combine-sink	sink_name=surround	sink_properties="device.description='Surround'"	channels=8	channel_map=front-left,front-right,rear-left,rear-right,front-center,lfe,side-left,side-right

load-module	module-remap-sink	sink_name=stereo	sink_properties="device.description='Stereo'"	channels=2	channel_map=front-left,front-right	master=surround		master_channel_map=front-left,front-right	remix=no

load-module	module-remap-sink	sink_name=mono		sink_properties="device.description='Mono'"	channels=1	channel_map=mono			master=surround		master_channel_map=front-center			remix=no

omitting the slave-option with module-combine-sink does mostly what I
want but there are still some drawbacks:

1. when pavucontrol is closed audio stops
2. channels mapped 1:1 are at full volume (e.g. front-left, front-right)
while remixed channels have very low volume (e.g. side-left/side-right)
3. Mono- and Stereo-sink don't work at the same time

Does anyone have an idea?

--
Best regards,

Renne