[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio a2dp disconnect problem

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Fri Aug 14 02:00:13 PDT 2015

On Thu, 2015-08-13 at 12:35 +0000, Eytan Naim wrote:
> Hi Tanu,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I think that the loopback module shouldn’t be unloaded each time
> steaming stops for the simple reason that it is loaded when
> connection is established, and not when streaming starts.

Yes, that's oddly asymmetric, and should perhaps be fixed. That said,
as long as module-loopback gets loaded again when the streaming
continues, the current logic shouldn't necessarily cause too much
trouble. In your case module-loopback doesn't get loaded again, but
that might be because pulseaudio gets stuck before that has a chance to
happen.

> I get all kind of PulseAudio problems, for example in the example
> below, PulseAudio success to stream in the start, but after pausing
> and playing again PulseAudio act differently.
>
> - It looks like PulseAudio has problem to handle changing connection
> state or something.
>

> The below log was produced by the following steps:
>
> a)      connection establishment
>
> b)      streaming session
>
> c)       stop from remote device
>
> d)      unloading loopback module
>
> e)      toggling streaming start/stop without PulseAudio suitable
> response
>
> f)       pacmd failure for long time (more then 3-4 minutes). – so
> it’s probably not a dbus thing.
>

> Please notice that each time I try a test, something a little
> different happens- but it always has to do with modules
> unloading/PulseAudio doesn’t response

Getting stuck is the most interesting problem here. Can you run
pulseaudio in gdb, and when it gets stuck, stop and give command
"thread apply all bt"?