[pulseaudio-discuss] RAOP2 patch testing result

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 20:42:23 PST 2015

05.01.2015 08:57, Hajime Fujita wrote:
> Hello Alexander,

>> Also tested with VLC, seeking there does not freeze.
>
> We believe we finally figured out the cause and fixed the issue.
> Please try the latest patches in
> https://github.com/hfujita/pulseaudio-raop2 (at `hf/raop2-v2-v5.99.1`
> branch).

Fixed indeed.

> The detailed discussion can be found here:
> https://github.com/hfujita/pulseaudio-raop2/issues/31
>
>> With Bino, I was able to trigger this assertion failure:
>>
>> E: [raop-sink-[192.168.1.39]:5000] rtsp_client.c: Assertion 'c->url'
>> failed at modules/rtp/rtsp_client.c:441, function rtsp_exec(). Aborting.
>
> I could not reproduce this (Bino immediately crashed with any of my
> input file), but I believe this has also been fixed in the above branch.
> (https://github.com/hfujita/pulseaudio-raop2/issues/9)

Indeed, there is no such crash anymore.

And Airfoil Speakers is not a RAOP2 server. So not a bug.

Still, we have a lot of valgrind splats during normal usage of the
module, please find them in the attached file.

If your PC is not fast enough by default to valgrind pulseaudio (i.e. if
pulseaudio gets killed on starting a new stream due to exhausting the
realtime budget), this default.pa tweak can help:

load-module module-udev-detect tsched_buffer_size=50000

--
Alexander E. Patrakov