[pulseaudio-discuss] Help needed configuring Bluetooth speaker with system mode

Georg Chini georg at chini.tk
Mon Jun 1 10:38:46 PDT 2015

On 01.06.2015 17:35, Northern Lights Info wrote:
> Well, this was the magic incantation to get the sound coming out.
> This works as a regular user and if I run pulse audio as the root but NOT
> in system mode.

Did you create the groups and put your user (and probably root) in
pulse-access
as outlined in
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Documentation/User/SystemWide/

Then it should also work in system mode.

> System mode still gives me the errors about not being able to load modules.
> The question is, do I even need to use system mode if this is an embedded
> application with only the root user?

It is not recommended to run pulse as root, so system mode is probably
cleaner, but from the functionality there should be no difference.