[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio muted channel - VT1708S - Archlinux

Swd sweetthdevil at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 00:50:19 PDT 2015

Hello all,

First some details:
I have an VT1708S sound card with a rear panel and and top/front panel
My Speakers are plugged on the rear panel corresponding to the
"surround" channel on alsamixer. While I always have my headset plugged
in on the top panel.

This is not user specific but system wide.

Now the issue;
The Surround channel is always muted when PulseAudio starts, doesn't
mater if the headset are plugged in or not. I have used alsamixer to
unmute and run "sudo alsa-store" but it hasn't worked
I also tried to stop PulseAudio Daemon that restore the mixer's level
but it hasn't work.
This issue has started months ago, but never got around to sort it before.

Thank you for your time