[pulseaudio-discuss] Help needed configuring Bluetooth speaker with system mode

Georg Chini georg at chini.tk
Fri May 29 12:35:49 PDT 2015

Hi,

On 29.05.2015 20:45, Northern Lights Info wrote:
> I’ve just wasted several days tearing out what’s left of my hair
> trying to figure this out so if some expert out there would help, I’d
> appreciate it.
>
> May 29 10:14:29 ts-imx6-s bluetoothd[369]: a2dp-sink profile connect
> failed for A0:B4:A5:1E:9D:E6: Protocol not available
> May 29 10:14:29 ts-imx6-s bluetoothd[369]: bluetoothd[369]: a2dp-sink
> profile connect failed for A0:B4:A5:1E:9D:E6: Protocol not available

Do you have the required kernel modules installed? "Protocol not
available" sounds like
a kernel message. Modules can be found under networking in the kernel
configuration.

> So, that might suggest that some module isn’t loading which a google
> search led me to this link:
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Bluetooth_headset#Pairing_works.2C_but_connecting_does_not
>
> In there, they say that you ned to make sure that module-bluez5-device
> is loaded.  I checked the pulsevebose.log file and I didn’t see it
> anywhere in there
> Okay, so I then looked at the .pa files (all of them) and I don’t see
> this being loaded.
> So I edited the .pa files and added a line to load
> module-bluez5-device.  Then I try to run pulseaudio again as before.
>  This time, the daemon fails to launch because the path argument for
> module-bluez5-device isn’t set.

You don't need to load module-bluez5-device directly.
module-bluetooth-discover is the only
module you need to load. module-bluetooth-discover loads then
module-bluez4-discover or
module-bluez5-discover depending on your bluez version and that module
automatically loads
module-bluez4-device or module-bluez5-device as soon as a bluetooth
device turns up.

Regards
              Georg