Next time - release names

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY kaleb at keithley.org
Fri Apr 2 18:19:09 PST 2004

Keith Packard wrote:

> Next time we start a release, we should use symbolic names and then figure
> out the version number later.  We've got this 'XORG-RELEASE-1' branch
> which doesn't related in any way to X11R6.7...

The name of the branch tag is not important.

Tags are cheap -- the "closing" or last entry on the branch should be
tagged with something like X11R6.7-RELEASE. That's what's important.

And if for some reason that's not satisfactory then it's certainly easy
enough to fix.

But I'm off to the left coast for a few days for my day job and most
likely won't have time to fix it until I get back.

In the mean time you all can fight over^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hfigure out a
good name for it.

Something like X11R6.7-RELEASE-BRANCH.

--

Kaleb