Call today

Jim Gettys Jim.Gettys at hp.com
Mon Apr 5 09:25:26 PDT 2004

Some comments:

Logo on center page is too big: formatting should work on
800x600.

I'd move the sponsors and logo's to a separate page, leaving
just the "join the X.Org Foundation Sponsors" on the front
page.  I personally find flashing logo's a problem (any flashing,
on any page!); putting all the logo's on a separate page
(non-flashing) seems good to me to solve this problem.

You can take a look at what I've now got in the wiki.x.org
page for a lot of stuff.

I'd move the latest version stuff which isn't
current any more (X11R6.6, X11R6.4) to a old history
page; maybe in the wiki.

Broadway is history.

Is the Sun XI18N of any interest?

Which of the Projects  listed still have active work?
I don't even know what ReflectionX is....

Also, there is a distinction between projects between those that
particular people in X.Org are working on, and those sanctioned
directly by X.Org.  For example, you'll find a lot of Linux
vendors and open source projects completely un-interested by
Server side anti-aliased fonts, though we should also
welcome people who still flog that horse. Pointing to
possible projects that people might work on is possibly
more useful than blessing particular projects.
                       - Jim

On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 10:51, Leon Shiman wrote:
> The new frontpage is at
>
> 	http://www.X.Org/new_index3.html
>
> there are some detail edits which i'll catch when adding the links.
>
> links coming this afternoon.
>
> leon

Jim Gettys <Jim.Gettys at hp.com>
HP Labs, Cambridge Research Laboratory